What does The Peoples Bank do with you personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do. The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. The information can include:
- Social Security number and account balances
- payment history and transaction history
- transaction or loss history and credit history
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share nonpublic personal information to run their everyday business. In this section below, we list reasons financial companies can share their nonpublic personal information; the reasons THE PEOPLES BANK chooses to share; and whether you can limit sharing.
Reasons why we can share your personal information:
- For our everyday business purposes- such as to process your transaction, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus. THE PEOPLES BANK DOES SHARE THIS INFORMATION AND THIS INFORMATION CANNOT BE LIMITED FROM SHARING
- For marketing purposes-to offer our products and services to you. THE PEOPLES BANK DOES SHARE THIS INFORMATION AND THIS INFORMATION CANNOT BE LIMITED FROM SHARING
- For joint marketing with other financial companies- THE PEOPLES BANK DOES NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION
- For our affiliates' everyday business purposes-information about your transactions and experiences- THE PEOPLES BANK DOES NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION
- For non-affiliates to market to you- THE PEOPLES BANK DOES NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION
How does The Peoples Bank protect my personal information? To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does The Peoples Bank collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- apply for a loan or open an account
- give us your contact information or show your driver's license
- give us your income information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliated, or other companies.
Why can't I limit all sharing? Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes- information about your credit worthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional right to limit sharing.
Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies. The Peoples Bank has no affiliates.
Non-affiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. The Peoples Bank does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
Joint Marketing: A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. The Peoples Bank does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
Call 270-965-3188, Marion Sales Center or 270-629-5626, Glasgow Sales Center